This training is based on the National LGBTI Health Alliance’s Working Therapeutically with LGBTI Clients: A Practice Wisdom Resource, which was developed by practitioners with extensive experience and deep knowledge about working with LGBTI people and communities.
Practice Wisdom is an experiential two day training that translates expertise to a counselling room context, focusing on being a trusted collaborator, survival and resilience, minority stress, intersectionality, and concepts of power in therapeutic work.
- Improve your role as a therapist supporting LGBTI people.
- Understand the complexity of living as an LGBTI person in modern Australia.
- Introduce the power of naming experiences and being an effective ally.
- Learn to talk about intimacy, bodies and sex.
- Engage effectively with transgender clients.
- Engage effectively with clients with an intersex variation.
Mental health and suicide prevention professionals who engage in counselling or therapeutic work with LGBTI clients.
Workshop Length: 2 days
Enquire about this training email: firstname.lastname@example.org