SOLD OUT Get set for an odyssey of musical revelations as Mardi Gras and APRA AMCOS team up to uncover Australia’s next generation of queer musicians
Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras and APRA AMCOS present
EXPRESS YOURSELF - QUEER DISCOVERY
Hosted by The Merivale Group at The Beresford Hotel
Express Yourself – Queer Discovery is a series of three music showcases that will see emerging LGBTQI+ artists perform alongside an established headliner to a room of industry heavyweights and the general public.
At the end of the series, a panel of judges will select two of the emerging artists to perform at a Mardi Gras event in 2021.
The first show, headlined by the ARIA award winning chanteuse Montaigne, kicks off the series on Saturday 28th November at Sydney’s iconic The Beresford Upstairs.
The event is FREE but tickets are limited so get in quick and secure your seat for a truly unique night of new music.
If you’re a budding Troye Sivan, can sing with the quiet sincerity of Courtney Barnett or spit rhymes like Miss Blanks - now is your chance to perform alongside an established queer performer to a room of music industry tastemakers, with the opportunity to perform at the largest LGBTQI+ festival in the Southern Hemisphere. Emerging artists from across Australia are encouraged to apply at apraamcos.com.au.
The first showcase is taking place as a part of Great Southern Nights, a new music event to kick-start the recovery of the live music industry – featuring 1,000 COVID-safe gigs across Sydney and Regional NSW throughout November.
**Please note this is a seated event. Ensure everyone you wish to sit with is included in your booking to avoid being seated separately.**
This event is 18+ only.
COVID-19 Safety Information
This event will be run in accordance with NSW Health COVID safety regulations. Please adhere to social distancing at all times, and follow direction from venue staff.
By registering for this event, you agree that you will comply with COVID safety rules and direction from venue staff.
You will not attend:
- If you are feeling unwell.
- If you have returned from overseas within the last 14 days
- If you have had contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or is waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test.
- If you are in isolation waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test.
- If you have been in a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days or have visited any of the venues listed on the NSW Health website here, in the designated time periods.
The venue will be taking a number of precautionary measures to ensure patron safety, including:
- Hand sanitiser dispensers
- Signage and social distancing markers throughout the venue
- Regular sanitising of the venue
- All guests must register with the venue upon arrival via the NSW Health COVID Safe Check-In
354 Bourke St
Surry Hills, NSW 2010
Google map and directions